Thursday, February 3, 2011

Marquette: Graph & Notes

A quality bounce back win yesterday.  As always check out the Nova blogs located on the side for some re-cap, but here is the Marquette differential.  I think this graph illustrates the fact that even in the second half when the game got close, you just knew we were going to win.

Quick notes:  Armwood started I think in an attempt in increase our defensive intensity and bring some toughness, but I think he needs some time to get used to his larger role.  Yarou woke up from hibernation, thank God.  And Fisher and Stokes did just enough.  I think they did not force too much and took shots when we needed them to.  Finally, I will be willing to bet my entire weeks allowance that over 90% of the 3-pointers Stokes MAKES are when he is set-up (not coming off screens or off the dribble).  I would also wager that over 70% of his misses are on shots not when he is set up.  Has there ever been a more 1 dimensional shooter?  How stupid is it that I know he is going to miss his shot when he is running off a screen but yet I still want him to take the shot?  Do I just refuse to believe that he cant hit that?  Is our offense that stagnant sometimes that I am ok with a shot he hits about 11% of the time?  In any event, we really need to increase of defensive pressure.  I think that is our most pressing need right now, and again the reason Armwood saw extra minutes.  I also like that Jay tried something new.

Alright, a little different graph this time let me know which one you like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment